Update by user Oct 11, 2017

UPDATE - In more recent times despite the August apology mentioned below another employee of Monte Mariposa decided that in fact I was involved in starting the fires after all, despite the first employee formally apologizing and retracting the statements. The latter employee has yet to apologize, for that, and also for saying I looked like (redacted - too offensive to publish) .......................

In August a formal in apology letter Monte Mariposa stated:- We unconditionally and unreservedly apologize for implying that you started the fires in Portugal, that killed 64 people, in June 2017. We used the F word in an email to you, and as employees of a spiritual retreat centre, we accept that insulting a Spiritual M..... in this way is tasteless and disrespectful, and for that, we apologize. We also said you had personal problems (implying it was for that reason, you had been threatened with violence or death) and we take back those words also.

We then deleted the emails so that the owner would not see the insults. Our response and comments were unprofessional, and for that, we take full responsibility.

Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2017

I was someone who did many retreats at this centre, and in response to raising complaints about variious matters, they were then rude, insulting and unprofessional, implying I was on some 'mad trip'. They then passed on my banking details to an unauthorized third party and made insults too severe to publish on here, and the owner refused to apologize.

This is not a recommended place for anyone to stay, visit or deal with, as they have some management and basic respect issues to tidy up. In addition, the Centre is under police monitoring because of illicit substance gatherings that have occurred there in the past, under the guise of 'medicine retreats'

Reason of review: Abuse of Customer Financial Data.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Abuse of customer financial data, Rudeness, Unprofessional behaviour, Insults, Involvement in illicit substance gatherings.

Comments